Flight time from atlanta to orlando
2018.09.20 18:17 r/OrlandoApollos
The official reddit community for fans of the AAF's Orlando Apollos football team.
2018.09.20 13:53 AtlantaDave Atlanta, the Home of Legends
For fans of the Atlanta Legends in the Alliance of American Football.
2018.09.20 18:06 AAF Birmingham Iron (Alliance of American Football)
Official Sub of the Birmingham Iron (Alliance of American Football)
2023.04.01 12:59 trapoats International Student Does Well!!
- Gender: Male
- Race/Ethnicity: Indian
- Residence: Singapore
- Income Bracket: >200K
- Type of School: Pricate
- Hooks (Recruited Athlete, URM, First-Gen, Geographic, Legacy, etc.): None
: Electrical and/or Computer Engineering Academics
Standardized Testing List the highest scores earned and all scores that were reported.
- GPA (UW/W): Predicted 43/45 in the IB
- Rank (or percentile): N/A
- # of Honors/AP/IB/Dual Enrollment/etc.: 6 IB Subjects, 9 A* in IGCSE
- Senior Year Course Load: IB Math AA HL, Physics HL, Theatre HL, Chinese B SL, English Lang Lit SL, Economics SL
Extracurriculars/Activities List all extracurricular involvements, including leadership roles, time commitments, major achievements, etc.
- SAT I: 1550 (770RW, 770M)
Awards/Honors List all awards and honors submitted on your application.
- Trumpet in School Jazz Band: 4 performances annually, including concerts at the ___.
- Mentored by Oxford Professor: Designed a dilution refrigerator (cooling system) for a quantum computer. Independent work with weekly guidance meetings.
- Co-Director of a play: Directed 16 actors, 3 stage and prop managers, costume designers, and production managers. Two performances.
- Chief Operating Officer at Educational NGO: Managed and stabilized 15+ teams to improve process efficiency and increase student outreach by 50%
- President of Student Activities for same NGO: Created a new division to provide extracurricular opportunities to those without them. Managed a team of leaders. Built a community of 400+ people.
- Co-leader of school Engineering Society: Inspire passion among grades 9-11 who lack exposure to various fields in engineering. Develop a long-term mentorship program with alumni.
- Head of Finance of School Based Charity: Partnered with 2 NGOs in Jakarta to support children's education and a recycled goods project. Managed all budgets and allocation of money.
- Volleyball: Started playing in the 7th grade. inter-school tournament 9th grade. Pandemic disrupted other competitions.
- Leader of School Investment Society: Taught the basics of investing. Hosted competitions and guest speakers. Team Finalists at the Korea Youth Investment Competition.
- Co-founder and leader of Games Creation Society: Taught Middle-schoolers the basics of C++ and Unreal Engine game design.
Letters of Recommendation
- Fermat Mathematics Contest - Distinction
- Physics - Certificate of Commendation (School)
- Coordinated Sciences (IGCSE) - Certificate of Commendation (School)
- Economics - Certificate of Commendation (School)
- English Language and Literature - Certificate of Commendation (School)
Physics Teacher (9/10): Absolutely love physics, always enthusiastic and always engaged. Teacher loved me and she was my EE advisor.
Economics Teacher (9/10): Loves me, super enthusiastic in class. Known to write good letters. Always engaged and contributing.
Counsellor (8/10): Met with her many times. Knows me quite well. Added part from theatre teacher that was very good.
Optional Rec (Professor, 7/10): Great project. Liked me. Bit focused on what I did rather than my traits but there were parts about my traits. Only one that I read. Interviews
(Briefly reflect on interview experiences, if applicable.)
Duke (6/10): Felt like a normal ass interview, was only 30 minutes so not so long, i felt like I answered the questions decently.
Princeton (10/10): Interviewer loved me, questions answered really well. 1hr long and it felt really fast and good. talked about games and random stuff asw as what I am interested in. We ended up talking about speedrunning soulsborne games for 15 minutes lol. He said it was an "exceptional interview".
Stanford (8/10): Interviewer was nice and the conversation flowed well. Wasn't as good as the Princeton interview, but was still good nonetheless. Essays
(Briefly reflect on the quality of your writing, time spent, and topic of main personal statement.)
Common App (8/10): I am not very skilled at writing essays, so this one took time. Luckily I found an idea that worked for me and I kept sticking with it and revising it to make it better. The idea was talking about all my interests while I was riding a bike. Intertwined non academic that I was interested in as well as physics and engineering. Overall, felt the essay was very strong at highlighting who I am as a person and explained my thinking quite well.
Community Supp (9/10): Talked about my creative side with the theatre community. Explained what I liked about directing and theatre and talked about how that meshed with my stem brain. Felt this one was really good as well and I used it for basically all community and "tell us more" essays.
Uchicago uncommon (9/10): Question was "Where is Waldo Really?", answered in an original-ish way that I thought was really good. My counsellor and family loved it and thought it was innovative. Very proud of that one and genuinely think its the only reason that I was accepted to UChicago LOL.
Princeton Supps (8/10): TBH I spent the least time on these but they were some of the last essays that I wrote. I think that all the practice on other essays really helped as I wrote these quickly and felt they were really good. They highlighted my perspective and ideas without being overly opinionated. Also took a risk with these as I talked about pop culture references and phonk as the soundtrack of my life. I think in the end these are what got me in, my grades were much worse than many others that applied, and others had awards and stuff that I simply did not have.
Why Essays: My why essays were all really specific and referenced details that I had researched: programs, classes, etc. They also added why I would be a good fit there, not just what I would do at that school. How I could use the resources they offer in a successful manner. Decisions (indicate ED/EA/REA/SCEA/RD) Acceptances:
- Princeton RD (Committed!)
- UChicago EA
- UMich EA
- USC deferred EA -> admit RD
- UCSD RD
- Santa Clara EA
- UCSB RD
- UC Berkeley RD
- Stanford RD
- Duke deferred ED to RD
Overall, I am extremely pleased with how this turned out, it worked in my favour and I am super thankful. But more than that, I'm super thankful of my parents for always supporting me and helping me to the best of their ability no matter what.
I think that my essays were extremely important as my grades weren't the best in Grade 11, but it seems my essays made up for that. Make sure to spend as much time as you can on your essays since they are crucial imo.
My school limits us to 10 apps but honestly I think that was for the best. With the amount of work I had outside class, I don't think I could have done any more. Plus it meant my applications were high quality and something I was proud of.
good luck to co '24 next year!
submitted by trapoats
to collegeresults [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:58 Sunrises_andsets Preparing for EMDR? Should I do phycotherapy or no?
I want to preface that I’m not attempting EMDR, on myself or that I intend to. I would like to make the best of my current resources, so that in the future when I do have access to EMDR I am better prepared.
I have very limited resources financially. At the end of this month I will have access to Psychotherapy (free from a local trauma center). I fear this could potentially be more damaging to my healing progress than beneficial. (Opinions?) I can process, reason, and access to traumatic thoughts easily. I believe I have spent enough time on this, and it’s become more so rumination than actually transformative for me personally at this point.
I’ve been taking steps to develop coping mechanisms to handle the feelings that arise without medication, drugs, alcohol, or other negative coping mechanisms. My emotions are raw and intense. All that I’m missing is access to a mentally “safe place” that induces feelings of comfort. I can access negative emotions and memories at ease, positive ones are more challenging for me. I think it would help me tremendously in the future with EMDR, and the upcoming talk therapy, to be able to access comforting memories that induce good feelings. (Advice?)
The consequences to damaging treatment are physical as well and phycological. I have neck and back issues that were treated by a NUCCA specialist. This doctor suggested EMDR as the next step for healing. I carry tension in my neck and shoulders I feel tense up in times of stress. Although it’s a structural injury, stress exacerbates the physical pain and my bodies ability to heal.
My neck issues have left me unable to work (why I’m limited on resources). I’m eager to heal and progress forward . I want to be careful of doing things that will take me backwards. What should I look into? Any advice?
Thank you for reading this, lots of love.
submitted by Sunrises_andsets
to EMDR [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:58 Pranil1231 10 Reasons Why Ghatkopar is the Perfect Place to Buy Your Dream Home
If you're in the market for your dream home, you should definitely consider Ghatkopar as your next destination. This eastern suburb of Mumbai has been gaining popularity as an ideal place to buy flats, especially 1 BHK in Ghatkopar.
With excellent connectivity, affordable property prices, and a host of amenities, Ghatkopar is truly the perfect place to buy your dream home. And if you're looking for the best properties in the area, Promesa Realty is the go-to real estate agency for all your needs. Here are 10 reasons why Ghatkopar is the perfect place to buy your dream home.
Excellent Connectivity: Ghatkopar is well-connected to other parts of Mumbai through the Eastern Express Highway, LBS Marg, and the Mumbai Metro. This means that commuting to work or school is a breeze, and you can easily travel to other parts of the city for leisure or entertainment.
Affordable Property Prices: Compared to other suburbs of Mumbai like Bandra, Andheri, and Powai, property prices in Ghatkopar are relatively affordable. This makes it an attractive option for first-time homebuyers, as well as those looking for a good return on investment.
Range of Property Options: Whether you are looking for a 1 BHK in Ghatkopar
or a spacious 2 BHK or 3 BHK, you will find plenty of options in this suburb. From budget-friendly flats to high-end luxury apartments, Ghatkopar has something for everyone.
Amenities Galore: Ghatkopar is home to a wide range of amenities, including schools, hospitals, shopping malls, restaurants, and entertainment options. This means that you can enjoy a comfortable and convenient lifestyle without having to travel far from home.
Growing Infrastructure: Ghatkopar is undergoing a rapid transformation with several new infrastructure projects in the works. This includes the Mumbai Metro Line 2A and 7, which will provide better connectivity to other parts of the city, and the proposed Ghatkopar-Versova Metro, which will make travel to western Mumbai faster and easier.
Rich Cultural Heritage: Ghatkopar is also known for its rich cultural heritage, with several temples and historic landmarks located in the area. This makes it a great place to live for those who are interested in history and culture.
Safe and Secure: Ghatkopar is one of the safest suburbs in Mumbai, with low crime rates and a strong community spirit. This means that you can enjoy a peaceful and secure living environment, without having to worry about safety concerns.
Upgraded Civic Infrastructure: Ghatkopar is a well-planned suburb that has seen several upgrades in its civic infrastructure in recent years. This includes improved roads, footpaths, and street lighting, making it a more comfortable and safer place to live. Flats for Sale in Ghatkopar
: If you are looking to buy a flat in Ghatkopar
, you will find plenty of options on the market. From budget-friendly options to high-end luxury apartments, you can choose the type of property that suits your budget and lifestyle. And with the help of Promesa Realty, you can find the perfect flat that meets all your needs.
Great Investment Opportunity: With its excellent connectivity, growing infrastructure, and affordable property prices, Ghatkopar is also a great place to invest in real estate. Whether you are looking to buy a property for personal use or as an investment, Ghatkopar offers great potential for growth and returns. And with the expertise of Promesa Realty
, you can make a smart investment that pays off in the long run.
This article is also posted on medium.com
submitted by Pranil1231
to u/Pranil1231 [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:57 MuadDib2001 I have an idea for a hollow earth theory creature.
This idea is based on the hollow earth theory in Godzilla vs Kong movie (I didn’t like this movie as much as its prequel, but I still enjoyed the idea of hollow earth. I wish some aspiring artist would draw a spec evo art book about the hollow earth in the same style as the Skull island art book).
So here is my idea for a creature that lives in the hollow earth:
Deep in the hollow earth, near the core of the planet, where there is no light and the pressure is so high that magma turn solid, there are creatures who use the heat of earth core as an energy source. Their metabolism is based on atomic reactions that happen inside their body thanks to the heat that is provided by earths core.
These organisms are very distant from all the branches of life that has ever been discovered. Ancient cultures have warned people about the coming of a demon from the “depth” who will destroy the world to punish humanity from straying away from the gods. The Bible and Quran have mentioned them too. They are also known to be responsible for earthquakes as well (later studies by scientists prove this hypothesis. In fact, this is how humans discover them!)
Our story begins with a crazy military guy (just like every Kaiju movie) who wants to travel to core of the planet to take one of these monsters out to the surface. He is an insane greedy bastard who believes these creatures will provide humans with free energy for eternity!
But a group of scientists (good guys) realize the dangers of his actions and are try to stop him.
What makes this creature different than other Kaijus is their insane size. They are at least ten times bigger than a regular Godzilla. These monsters are depicted as eldritch gods who come from bellow and their emergence marks the end of all life on earth as we know it.
submitted by MuadDib2001
to SpeculativeEvolution [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:57 Smack-works Casca and Griffith archetypes in fiction
| || | submitted by Smack-works to Berserk [link] [comments]
I'm going to compare Casca and Griffith to characters in other media. I want to describe their archetypes. I'm going to talk about Guts a little bit too.
My analysis is quite superficial, sorry for that. But there's a lot of deep and detailed analyses out there. Why not have a deliberately superficial conversation about vague impressions
of characters? After all, the difference between "deep" and "superficial" traits of a character is subjective.
I have a specific way of describing characters, so we'll need a bit of theory before diving in.
I describe a character type as a list of dynamics:
- Dynamic 1. ...
- Dynamic 2. ...
- Dynamic 3. ...
- And so on.
(Doesn't matter what the word "dynamic" means in general, specific examples are all that matters.)
However, it shouldn't be a list of random dynamics. The dynamics have to overlap, be somewhat equivalent and have a common theme. Here's a made up simplified example:
- Dynamic 1. The character likes to have fun with friends.
- Dynamic 2. Likes to work on projects with friends.
- Dynamic 3. Likes to actively help their friends.
- Dynamic 4. Likes to make new friends.
As you see, those dynamics overlap, mean basically the same thing and have a common theme "life + friends"
. And yet those descriptions are not 100% equivalent, each dynamic adds new information and context.
This bit of terminology is going to be important:
- "Outside world" = something that affects almost everyone.
- "Personal world" = something that's important to a specific person (including personal relationships). "Feeling sad" is an event in the personal world. But "falling in love" and "being in a love affair" and "going through a breakup" are events in the personal world too.
All this may depend on context, though.
I think Casca
is similar to those characters: Misato Katsuragi
) (Avatar: The Last Airbender
(X-Men: Days of Future Past
), Ginny Weasley
), Sayaka Miki
(Puella Magi Madoka Magica
) (The Matrix
(The Lord of the Rings
), Rose DeWitt
#Fictional_characters) (Titanic 1997
), Bo Peep
) (Toy Story
), Ericka Van Helsing
), Elizabeth Swann
(Pirates of the Caribbean
) (Howl's Moving Castle
), Wanda Maximoff
) (Marvel Cinematic Universe
This type of characters is created by those similar dynamics:
- Dynamic 1. They are strong, but are a bit "lost" in the outside world. Trapped or pressured by it.
- Dynamic 2. They have an important past relationship/unrequited love, which contributes to their struggle against the world. Or a relationship with a character important/famous in the outside world.
- Dynamic 3. Their relationship is threatened by the outside world. They witness death of a loved one. Or great harm to a loved one. Or die/get greatly harmed themselves.
- Dynamic 4. They get [almost] crushed by the outside world. Or break free from the pressure of the world.
- Dynamic 5. They have an attitude/philosophy which makes the conflict with the outside world stronger.
Every dynamic above is about some conflict with the world: the outside world threatens the character personally or threatens their relationship.
So, the overarching theme is "power and [very] personal conflict with the outside world"
. Let's see how it applies to some specific characters.
Madoka Magica Sayaka Miki
- She is strong, but she isn't the strongest magical girl in the neighborhood. It serves as the source of additional conflict with the world (bullying by Kyoko, manipulation into despair by Kyubey).
- She has unrequited love for Kyousuke. Later she feels she lost her chance to ever be with Kyousuke. All this is 100% relevant to her struggle against the world.
- She sees her love crippled by an accident.
- Eventually Sayaka grows too frustrated by fighting evil and injustice, she "dies" by turning into a witch (an evil monstecreature).
- She cares about justice a lot and easily conflicts with people. It makes her collision with the world stronger.
She fits the overarching theme "power and [very] personal conflict with the outside world"
Titanic Rose DeWitt
- Her family is debt-ridden. She's forced into a marriage to save her upper-class status. She feels trapped and even tries to kill herself.
- She sees her love die to save her.
- As mentioned, she almost kills herself. Then almost dies in the Titanic disaster. But after that she breaks free from everything and lives a free adventurous life.
- She has a specific desire for freedom and independence: another person in her place wouldn't suffer as she did.
- She starts with no control over her life. Then becomes a badass. Still, she's just a member of a band.
- She had feelings for Griffith and Guts (famous people in Berserk).
- She finds Griffith broken by torture, she sees her friends slaughtered.
- She was raped by Griffith. She's broken and loses her mind.
- She's very stubborn.
You can do a similar analysis of other mentioned characters. https://preview.redd.it/caxkqczs69ra1.png?width=226&format=png&auto=webp&s=2abf72969d5913edfedbf39945eadb5f30f47670
Let's focus on this:
Dynamic 3. Their relationship is threatened by the outside world. They witness death of a loved one. Or great harm to a loved one. Or die/get greatly harmed themselves.
- Misato dies; "sees" Kaji die; sees kids die, get injured and traumatized; her father dies to save her. Trinity dies two times; sees Neo die one time ("now get up"). Katara looks dead in a heart-breaking scene; her mother dies to save her; Jet dies; Zuko gets zapped by lighting to save her; sees Aang die one time (until he dies the second time). Arwen almost dies; sees her mother losing her mind after torture; loses her immortality; sees Aragorn die peacefully. Sayaka "dies"; then 100% dies along with her new friend; sees her love disabled by an accident. Rose DeWitt tries to kill herself; sees her love die to save her; her "arranged husband" kills himself in a completely unrelated situation.
- Erika tries to kill her future love multiple times. Then breaks free from the control of her great-grandfather and prejudices.
- Elizabeth Swann: kills Jack Sparrow; her could-be-husband dies; Will Turner dies 7 minutes after marriage. Sophie: rapidly ages into an old lady; dumps water on Howl's heart, thinks she killed him; sees her love turned into a monster and dead inside.
- Ginny goes on a killing spree and "dies" in her first school year; her lover (Harry Potter) needs to die and partially succeeds.
Last but not least:
- Wanda has had enough, she goes on a multiverse killing spree after: her brother dies two times; her love (Vision) dies two times; her kids are "taken away" from her. She was threatened by the world all the time; then she trapped a village for her fantasy world; then she started owning the multiverse.
I think Griffith
) is similar to those characters: Shinji Ikari
), Harry Potter
) (Harry Potter
(The Lord of the Rings
), Monkey D. Luffy
), Rock Lee
), Heinz Doofenshmirtz
(Phineas and Ferb
), Jim Moriarty
), Jack Sparrow
(Pirates of the Caribbean
), Princess Yue
(Avatar: The Last Airbender
(The Legend of Korra
(Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
), Evelyn Deavor
). And even... even... Sans
) from Undertale
This type of characters is created by those dynamics:
- Dynamic 1. This character is not the strongest or the most important person in their world (at least at first glance). They can be lonely. However, they are a threat/factor.
- Dynamic 2. This character could remain passive, but the outside world pushes them to action. Sometimes this character is pushed to a very specific action: self-sacrifice or betrayal.
- Dynamic 3. This character is very polite or chill or compassionate, even if the outside world is hostile. Even if their compassion is fake.
- Dynamic 4. Personal world of this character overlaps with / connects to the outside world in interesting ways.
- Dynamic 5. This character may combine unbreakable power of will with... a lack of will/agenda.
Each dynamic is about some "contradictory connection to the outside world"
. This is the overarching theme.
Harry Potter and LOTR and Evangelion Harry Potter
) and Frodo
- Simplifying, Harry is just a decent wizard, he has no special means of fighting evil; yet he's one of the biggest threats to Voldemort. Frodo is just a hobbit, not a warrior or wizard; yet he proves to be one of the crucial people for defeating Sauron. Shinji is just a teen; yet he plays a very important role.
- Harry gets into most adventures "accidentally" or it's a Dumbledore's plan. Frodo was given a mission by Gandalf and it all went downhill/uphill from there. Shinji was called up by his father.
- Harry can get angry, but fundamentally he's chill and compassionate. Frodo barely snaps while carrying the most manipulative evil artifact ever. Shinji is apathetic and reluctant.
- Till the very end, Harry remains just a normal teen in the company of friends; yet he's on a world-saving mission. Till the very end, Frodo is just a hobbit in the company of his friend Sam; yet they are on the world-saving mission. Till the very EoE, Shinji is just a teen (not) sorting out his problems; yet he routinely saves the world.
- Both Harry and Frodo have strong wills (to resist mind control and disregard death), but they don't have much personal agenda. Shinji doesn't have any explicit goals either; and he has the will to remain more stable than Asuka.
All three fit the overarching theme "contradictory connection to the outside world"
One-Punch Man Saitama
- Saitama appears to most people as a weak hero (in actuality he can
one shot one punch anyone and anything), so he is not treated as an important/famous person. But he is a threat.
- Saitama behaves as if he gets dragged into a mess passively/accidentally.
- Saitama is fundamentally chill because of his power. If he wasn't chill, he would destroy the Earth.
- Saitama behaves as if he's just a regular guy who reacts to regular inconveniences. Even though he fixes global events.
- Saitama had the determination to become the strongest being on Earth... but now he's bored/depressed without any specific goal.
Saitama has a contradictory connection
to the world too.
- He starts as a very "side character" compared to important figures in the Berserk world. Yet he proves to be a threat/factor.
- His goal is formulated mostly in terms of the outside world. To rule, to have a kingdom. "Griffith's goal has always been intrinsically tied to humanity and politics." (c.) PixelDemise. Outside world pushes him to the ultimate action: sacrificing everyone for his dream.
- He's polite and... "chill". Great charisma. Even though the world of Berserk is harsh.
- On one hand, he is immersed in the world of politics. On another hand, he is in the campy company of the Hawk. On one hand, he dreams about a kingdom. On another hand, he forgets his dreams because of Guts. = Outside world interestingly overlaps with the personal world.
- Unlike others, Griffith does have an explicit goal/agenda. It is still vague, though.
) is one of the farthest outliers, but he's got this:
- An extremely intelligent and observant "side character". The weakest monster and the most overpowered threat.
- Forced to fight by a very strange world. Against a very strange world. By "strange" I mean resetting, consuming timelines.
- Always "polite" (on a deep level), i.e. mostly unfazed by the most strange and most horrible events. Never rules out your last chance to be a good person. Has unconditional compassion, even if it was caused by a promise.
- Lonely, but has a ton of friends. Combines a regular citizen and... a science researcher / holder of esoteric knowledge.
- Unbreakable will and seeming laziness.
He's got that "contradictory connection to the outside world"
. But he probably has another major theme which may overshadow this. https://preview.redd.it/gk6emuvp69ra1.png?width=90&format=png&auto=webp&s=f2b78a57dbcd28c517f0f7f325e5228e21f25490
I think Guts
) is a rare character in fiction. Here're some of his dynamics I can think of:
- Dynamic 1. He lives in the ruins of his past personal world.
- Dynamic 2. He lives in the ruins of his past relationships.
- Dynamic 3. He looks for a part of his past personal world. A part of his past relationships. Why? To get revenge or some other important transformation.
- Dynamic 4. Guts is ready to fight the entire world. Even though he doesn't care about the fight itself.
I think Guts is similar to Zagreus
) from the game Hades 2020
. Zagreus has a much nicer version of the story:
- Zagreus lives in the ruins of his possible personal world.
- Zagreus lives in the ruins of his possible relationships (with his parents).
- Zagreus looks for a part of his past personal world. A part of his [possible] past relationships. To restore what "could have been".
- Zagreus is ready to fight the entire Underworld. Even though he doesn't care about the fight itself.
Instead of looking for Griffith, Zagreus is looking for his mother. Who had to hide/be hidden.
The overarching theme is "struggler"
Characters like Schnoz are created by those dynamics:
- Suck you in/suck you out.
The overarching theme is "vacuum control"
2023.04.01 12:57 RequirementGold7328 How do I suppress my feelings?
Been talking to this guy for a few weeks from OLD. He's been texting me quite frequently everyday which is very different from a lot of others I have talked to. He comes off very genuine and understanding. He's mentioned about meeting a few times but we have yet to confirm the plans. Also because his car is currently down so I'm thinking it may be more easier to wait till he gets it fixed. Sometimes if I haven't replied for a few hours he would ask "r u not talking to me anymore"? 😔 Or ask "did u fall asleep"? normally I would be turned off by that but for some reason I feel happy. I think I'm crushing on him and it's growing but what if I meet irl later and realize there's no chemistry? How do I suppress my feelings for now or should I just go with the flow? And also, is there any chance that he might be a player if he invests that much time to texting me?
submitted by RequirementGold7328
to dating [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:57 ayyjordlmao The 3 letters to look for other players
Well on my last post I used the L then a F and a G right after and my post got taken down so I’m not saying it!!! I know everyone complains about how toxic it all is and how demanding everyone is on there but I just want to complain because it annoys me SO much lmfao.
In d1 I would use it all the time and hardly ever met bad players, but now it seems about 1/10 times I use it I meet someone that isn’t sweaty.
Does anyone have any tips at all on how to find decent people to play with, on d1 I basically had everything completed and had fun doing it, and now I’m cussed out for a nightfall because I don’t have 1 specific mod it’s WILD. I’ve been playing since 2014 but because I have a job I’m not 1820+ like everyone demands and get kicked from everything I try and do it’s so frustrating and find myself playing the game less and less. Even my clan who were fun at first are now annoyed people in the clan are still 1780💀
submitted by ayyjordlmao
to destiny2 [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:56 RobossEpic Relativity gives instant travel?
This is a little basic, but I think there's a conceptual understanding I'm missing here.
Imagine we have 3 planets in a roughly equilateral triangle (A, B, C).
If A were to send a ship at near lightspeed to B, watching the journey from C would take AB/c time.
But, on the ship, time would slow compared to a stationary observer, so the journey would feel like it would take very little time at all.
Does this mean that near lightspeed we have near-instant travel. Covering those distances in less perceived time than the stationary time light would take to get to B.
If the entire population was on that ship, would that be our reference point, and we would have FTL travel?
Considering things like solar sails have the potential to take humans to relativistic speeds, does that mean hibernation/cryogenics is not necessarily going to be how we get to other planets?
submitted by RobossEpic
to AskPhysics [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:56 krans24 Weather update?
I was traveling through today to see the prince museum and a concert.
First flight got cancelled. I booked an alternate. Not getting in till around 10 am. I know last night was rough but any optimistic outlook for today or is weather going to be just as crazy?
I'm from somewhere with no snow -_-
submitted by krans24
to minnesota [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:56 Toppest_Lobster IT'S TIME TO STOP!
Former game dev here:
Most of this was already a comment on another post, but I though I might as well turn it into an actual post, since people should really understand this.
You can call it FUD all you like, doesn't change the fact that it's true. Here we go:
TL;DR: You cannot simply take assets (3D models, etc.) from one game and "put" them into another game. NFTs are great, but they don't add anything of value to gaming and there is a lot of potential for even more predatory monetization.
Basically if we go down the NFT route in the gaming industry we will ruin it even more than it already is.
NFTs - interesting technology - lots of future potential - excellent for contracts or public participation like voting --- BUT --- This whole idea that you can just take an asset - lets say a skin (basically just a rigged and textured 3D-model, possibly with some lighting and material shaders applied) from one game (engine) and put it into another has to be one of the dumbest things I keep reading on this sub-reddit. That is simply not how games or assets work.
For one - there are different formats for 3D models and each engine has its own preference or even requirement as to which format is even usable / functional. NOT EVERY 3D MODEL SIMPLY WORKS WITH EVERY ENGINE.
Secondly - Even if the assets are able to be imported into the new engine there almost certainly will be problems with scaling, texturing and shading, because not every engine has the same capabilities for shading and texturing. World-scale and model-scale of an asset can vary wildly depending on what the original modeler intended. Sure you can simply scale it down, but that will most likely create new problems that need to be resolved and the texturing / shading issue still remains.
Third - Animations: Every game does animation a little different. Unless it is a completely static asset there will 100% be mismatches between the animation-systems. I've seen animations not working properly within the same engine and same game just because one animator did it slightly different than the system required. The idea that animated 3D-models can simply be put in another game and will animate just fine is simply ludicrous and shows how little people understand of game-development.
Now why am I pointing all this out? Because its very important to understand that:
YOU CANNOT SIMPLY TAKE AN ASSET FROM GAME A AND PUT IT INTO GAME B. THAT IS NOT HOW GAME DEVELOPMENT WORKS.
That is to say that the only way to do this would be to basically re-create the asset you want for the new game specifically - and then of course, you have to do that for every subsequent game you want to use it in. No dev studio is going to just do that for free, so you can use your NFTs. The only way I see this to work is if there are specific coops between studios, but those are also resource-intensive so they will want their cut - which opens us all up to a whole new level of predatory monetization ( reason I left this industry).
And if they already are at the point where there is a studio-coop then NFTs simply offer nothing that wasn't already possible. I haven't heard a single use-case for NFTs from all the advocates and hyped managers at my former employer that would offer somethings we couldn't already do before - in a much simpler way.
Seriously - we are all Apes but you just sound like fucking monkeys when you repeat this dumb shit. It's time to stop bro...
submitted by Toppest_Lobster
to Superstonk [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:56 Davincier Thailand + Cambodia itinerary
I had an earlier post asking for advice on historical sites to visit. From that I've set up what I think is a feasible itinerary, focusing on history. Any final advice? I've only booked my flight to Bangkok so everything else is still open. Where there's an overlapping day between destinations I consider it a travel day, so I'll plan nothing but getting from one place to another. I've done full day drives/24 hour bus rides before so that's not a big deal for me as long as it's actually doable, but as far as I've seen in my planning none of the journeys will take that long.
Bangkok 25 nov - 1 dec with an Ayutthuya daytrip, for the rest its all open. I don't get flight sick so I have no need for recovery, but I imagine the city has enough to see. After this all the inland steps are using mainly trains, and else the bus. From Chiang Mai to Bangkok will be by plane
Phetchaburi 1 - 3 Mainly for the temples, maybe a short walk among the beach but I don't really care for that
Kanchanaburi 3- 5 For the WW2 history
Sukhothai 5- 8. I'll use Sukhothai as a base, and after seeing the ruins there spend one of the days there daytripping to Kamphaeng Phet as it's only a few hours. If possibly I have time left over I'll rent a cab to a more northern ruin site mentioned in my other post but I'm not counting on it. I'll leave with the bus to Phitsanulok. Research tells me there's an evening train, so I have some time to see the smaller temples there.
Chiang mai 8 dec - 13 With Chiang rai daytrip, and a Doi Inthanon daytrip. Most advice I saw mentioned taking it slow up there, so that's what I'll end up doing. In the off chance that this is not enough to fill my days there, I saw there were daytrips available to the more northern Chinese influenced villages
Bangkok 13 - 15 dec. Only place planes leave for Cambodia in this period I saw. I don't want to risk missing a flight with a self transfer after all I heard with delays, so I'll take a break day there before moving on
Siem Reap 15 dec - 19 dec Angkor Wat etc Pnomh Penh 19 dec - 22 genocide museum, killings fields etc. I imagine you all will have less advice for these steps, but if you got any tips feel free!
submitted by Davincier
to ThailandTourism [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:56 omnomnom56 Car towed but I have a parking pass
Hello everyone I’m in need of some advice. I’ve lived in my current apartment complex for about 2 years now. The parking lot for this complex required a parking pass which I do have. I’ve had an issue before where it fell off my mirror and since then, I’ve kept it taped near the windshield where it is visible. Yesterday I parked my car in the lot, but since all the spaces were full I parked in a visitor parking spot. I’ve done this a few times before without having any issue. In my lease it states that I’m not supposed to park in spaces meant for management or maintenance but this spot was not either one of those. Today I awoke to find that my car was missing and turns out it has been towed. How can I proceed from here? I called the towing company and found out where my car is but they’re claiming that I need to pay $334 to get it back. Is there anyway I can get the car back without having to pay so much? Thank you for any advice.
submitted by omnomnom56
to legaladvice [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:56 bullettears Stuck in a contract with a nightmare live-in landlord, help!
I (24F) need help ASAP. Two weeks ago I moved into my landlord's (38F) home as a lodger. I'd paid four months rent upfront as the housing market is crazy right now and she'd said she had a lot of interest in the room. The rental agreement was such that any remaining amount paid upfront would be returned to me should either party terminate the agreement, with one month's notice.
Four days after I'd moved into the property, she served me notice. This was after I'd spent hours securing a second-hand wardrobe off Facebook marketplace to match the furniture she already had in the room (I'm not joking, it is literally the exact same as the wardrobes already in the room), and paying a 100 quid for it. I was obviously shocked as I had just started to settle in.
Her reasoning was that she needed money urgently for her aunt's surgery, and her ex-husband had offered to pay the full amount in return for his friend living there. Tearfully, she cried to me that she wanted to live with me, a lodger she had picked over many others, and not her ex-husband’s friend who she knew nothing about. I felt badly for her and offered to pay the remainder of the year’s rent upfront so she could use it for her aunt’s surgery. At this point, she had been super sweet so I asked for a fixed term contract of one year, but she agreed to a 4 months notice period instead.
After paying the years rent of 6000 pounds, on top of the 3000 pounds I had already paid, her demeanour completely changed the next day. So far, she has: - Restricted me to using the kitchen only for 10 minutes at a time - Has come in multiple times within those short periods of time to wipe water droplets on the sink from the utensils I’d washed, making me feel extremely uncomfortable even just making a smoothie - Shouted and screamed at me repeatedly. One of these instances was for a time at 2 am where I had been startled by her cat as I had gone to the washroom without my spectacles, and I couldn’t see clearly. She screamed at me not to mistreat her pets when all I had done was let out a startled “Aah”, to which she screamed “OI”, came running out of her room, and screamed at me for apparently screaming at her pets. - Left her dog’s poop in the kitchen (I have pictures), along with uncovered bowls of cat food that stunk up the whole property – she'd not told me she would be doing this when I came to view the property. - Has thrown an ice cube at me. I was making a smoothie and an ice cube had fallen on the floor. She threw the ice cube at me. - Has physically pushed me out of the kitchen - Has called me an ‘idiot’ and a ’silly silly little girl’ - Has threatened me multiple times over using the common facilities by using the terms “I am the landlord” and “I own this house” - Has told me to clear out a kitchen cupboard she previously said I could use
She has served me notice for being antisocial towards her today (I had told her to stop shouting at me). I had given her verbal notice earlier this morning because of the cat incident at 2 am but she emailed me saying I'd breached the contract for being antisocial and that was the reason she was evicting me.
Either way I want to move out, but I want to move out earlier than the 4 months notice period, in fact as soon as possible, and recover the rent paid for the 4 month notice period. I really think she is trying to drive me out of the house earlier than the 4 months notice period because her behaviour changed so suddenly after I transferred her the year’s rent. I have asked her to reduce the notice period length as she clearly does not want me in the house, but she insists that the notice period is 4 months. I have even been crashing with friends because being here makes me so uncomfortable. Does anyone have any advice?
submitted by bullettears
to LegalAdviceUK [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:56 hafiz_yb My Duels Today Are Very..... Equalizing, To Say The Least
20 duels, 1 hour, 10:10 coin tosses, 10-10 results, still the same rank.
I'm not sure how to feel about this really, ngl XD. Overall today, when I'm winning, I really do be having all the cards I need in the first place. At the same time, when I'm losing, the opponents do be having all the perfect counters for any of my plays. It's not even those days where you feel like you having good times where you keep on winning or bad times where you keep on losing.
It's basically just a back and forth of winning and losing, balancing each other out, with almost all the duels that I lose was because my opponents has the perfect counter on hand already. Ex: there's 1 duel where my opponent literally have 4 cards on hand (ash, belle, ogre, crossout) that stopped me from doing anything, both on my turn and their's.
Maybe my luck (if I have any) is just.... "normal" today? Oh well, that's it really. Just wanna write this somewhere to vent a little.
submitted by hafiz_yb
to masterduel [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:55 reindeercalliope Is my naked vista fried?
Hi all, I finally got my first fpv assembled, and mostly set up except getting DJI assistant to recognize my vista. it warms up basically immediately when i plug it into usb and battery, but doesnt have any LEDs light up (I think I saw a yellow one once....not sure). I did an inspection after it failed to work the first time, and found a little scorch mark on the ribbon cable connecting the two PCBs from where it presses against the underside of the usb connector, but I never had any smoke come out. Is it dead? https://postimg.cc/JtKTqxcG
submitted by reindeercalliope
to fpv [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:55 Manofathousandface [Mass Effect] So space travel doesn't make sense to me
Okay, the title isn't super accurate. I get that the mass effect fields used by... well everything, can use dark energy to decrease or increase mass, and I'd assume that the mass is being decreased to move waaaaay faster when jumping from relay to relay. Here's the deal though. FTL isn't ideal. From what I remember, you're creating a time bubble, traveling, and when you get to your destination, say like 100 years has past for everybody but you. The star trek example of how you don't move, but space does, makes more sense on how to utilize intergalactic travel (something about entering another plane to do so) but I don't know maybe there is a wormhole effect I'm not sure.
Either way, my main question is this. If it took 15 hours for Shepard to go from Eden Prime to the citadel in the first game, how long does it actually take to get from one relay to another.
Quick example bullets to answer quick, but I also would like in depth explanation if that's cool
1:How long will it take to travel from:
A: Two systems right next to each other.
B: Earth to the citadel
C: Earth to Thessia
D: Is one relay to any other relay all the same time?
2: If it's not all the same time, can ships jump from one relay, all the way to whatever system target without stopping? Do they need to drop out of their ME Field to recharge/refuel/cool down? Do they even use fuel? Is it just ME Field Element zero space magic? Not serious about that one but am curious as to how much they rely on it.
3: Not as important for me but still interesting, if you fly from one system, to another system right next to it, and don't use relays, how long will it take?
4: Last but not least, going with the FTL method, how are they not time diluting themselves while travelling from one relay to another?
submitted by Manofathousandface
to AskScienceFiction [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:55 AutoModerator [Get] Smart Earners Academy – Special Bootcamp Course Download Only on Genkicourses.com
2023.04.01 12:55 Mikesavageusa Mike Savage New Canaan What Truly Makes a Muscle Automobile
What do you believe it takes to make a muscular tissue cars and truck? Is it foot/lbs of torque? Horsepower? Is it totally the photo? The hype and accumulation surrounding a muscle vehicles can get a little complicated when a brand-new model is launched, yet the "attempted as well as true" desire cars and trucks have shown their power and also performance every year as well as years after decade. American, European, and also Eastern cars appeal to different sectors of muscle mass vehicle fanatics, for various factors.
A number of automobiles right away race into your ideas when you think about American muscular tissue autos: Corvette, Camaro's from the late 60's with the 70's, Mustang, and also, the AMC Javelin. A car enthusiast might go on to point out the Battery charger and Challenger, Chevelle, as well as Grandmother Torino. What you have there is a list. The whole list of American muscular tissue cars takes place for miles. Those cars all have one point alike ... performance every year. To back that up, they all have good PR. Except for the Javelin. AMC never ever could determine just how to sell its cars. Mike Savage New Canaan
Must you want to chat European muscle cars, after that you have: BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Opel, Maserati, and also Fiat, among others of the larger ones. A lot of people beyond Europe are a little confused when they listen to Opel pointed out, yet all they need to do is check out racing to get their authentic. Every one of these business were fine tuning and marketing their cars before WWII. The Oriental car makers have actually run Formula 1 as well as Monte Carlo-style races for fairly some time, yet have only obtained wide spread acknowledgment in the last few years. They are mainly understood for their four cylinder, nitrous backed performance. That creates some argument over their being muscular tissue automobiles or not. Personally, I have never ever had much regard for them, aside from their gas mileage. With the right devices, they can place your back to the seat, however.
Yet, what makes these vehicles muscular tissue cars and trucks? When you consider muscle do you break it down into supply and modifieds, or do you include full construct outs? A situation can be created all of these. In the typical guy's mind a muscular tissue automobile is one that is based upon an original factory engine, front end, and drive train. Simply adding a new Edlebrock intake does not make a muscular tissue automobile, either. There needs to be some substantial modification in torque, horse power, time in the quarter, and also top end. Mike Savage New Canaan
Picture has a lot to do with it. Public perception is extra powerful than anything else in this period of media overload. When a vehicle is at first marketed, it has a tag ... muscular tissue cars and truck, family members sedan, nana mobile ... that it either meets or does not. The individual who gets that automobile is the one that ultimately determines what stereotype the car sustains under. If an auto does not deliver, from pedal to repair, it will never ever resell. Ease of repair work, and the relative infrequency of those fixings, has a whole lot to do with the long-term photo of an automobile.
What makes a muscular tissue car is an inquiry that can not be addressed with a short list of standards. It is a sensation, an appearance, as well as a whole lot of passion. You need to have a combination of the right factors. Try boosting a Chevette or a Pacer. All you will certainly obtain are some stares. a great deal of laughs, and a whole lot of "Why"'s. You can get that point down the quarter in a heart beat, 0-60 in advance of a Ferrari, however it still will certainly not be a muscular tissue car. Public picture brings most of the weight. The technical stuff is for the "mechanic" and "equipment heads". Each group has its very own favorite muscle mass cars. I recognize which ones are mine and you know which are yours. A guy needs to regard that, yet don't cut me off on the freeway ... We might need to run 'em to find out.
submitted by Mikesavageusa
to u/Mikesavageusa [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:54 RyanzRetroReviewz Oceans Eleven-1960 - RyanzRetroReviewz
Ocean's Eleven - 1960
Ocean's Eleven is a 1960 Capeheist movie starring Frank Sinatra and the rest of "The Rat Pack" (Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop), all brought together and directed by Lewis Milestone.
The movie takes us on a ride with "The Rat Pack" as they plan and carry out the robberies of not one, but five Las Vegas casinos all at the same time, midnight on New Year's Eve.
Need I say More?
Starting off with one of the coolest and most creative title sequences of the era, the first part of the movie focuses on Danny Ocean gathering up his old squad of army buddies for the heist, each of all who seem to be down on their luck since bravely serving their country in WWII, giving each a valid reason to join in on the job. The noble thief motif.
All along the way we're treated to some of that classic cool cat, rat pack style of comedy, as well as a full on musical number from Sammy Davis Jr., in that of the titular inspired song "E-O-Eleven", which also pops up in sprinkles in the background theme throughout the movie.
After the team is all asssembled and the plan is laid out around the table (as was always done in the caper films of old), we begin to see the preparations and full on setting up of the heist, as well as some further character development for our few main stars (to further the plot), and not to mention another full on live performance, this time by Dean Martin with his signature hit "Ain't that a kick in the head".
Finally we jump right on into the heist itself, which is with out doubt one of the best robbery scenes in all of film, with the Ocean's Eleven cleaning out all 5 casinos in the time that it takes to sing "Auld Lang Syne" on the strike of the New Year.
But by morning the team now have to deal with not only the loss of one (from natural causes), but also have to dream up a way of sneaking all of the loot out of town, right from under the noses of both the police and a private security detective (slicky portrayed by the great Caeser Romero), who is also engaged to be married to one of the remaining team member's Mother.
This lead us to the big end scene, where the remaining "Ocean's Ten" are forced to sit and watch as the fruits of all of their labors go up in smoke.
A sad and somber ending showing the team now walking down the Vegas strip in the middle of the day with not a dime to their name, is lightened up somewhat by the soothing voice of Sammy singing us out, as the names of "The Rat Pack" are shown on a marquee (a very slick directorial move onto itself) followed by the rest of the film's cast and credits. "E-O-Elevennnnnnnnnnn"!
With an ensemble cast of some of the greatest stars of their day (featuring guest cameos from George Raft, Red Skelton and Shirley MacLaine), all filmed in their natural environment of Las Vegas showrooms and all rounded together by a great director in Lewis Milestone, this movie is a must watch for fans of not only Heist films, but for fans of "The Rat Pack" and the good old days of post-WWII entertainment in general.
* (A quick note on the colorization of this movie; With seeming to make the environment come alive more, and add to the festive season in which the movie is set, I personally prefer and would recommend this movie IN COLOUR to viewers, as opposed to the original black and white version, which was only made as such on the count of financial purposes and not purist purposes).
submitted by RyanzRetroReviewz
to u/RyanzRetroReviewz [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:54 RedditoNinja LAN pages takes 5mins to load when switching between APs
| || | submitted by RedditoNinja to HomeNetworking [link] [comments]
Hello everyone, hope y'all doing fine.
So, I've 2 routers at my house connected through LAN to LAN the 2nd one acts as an AP in a subnet network under 192.168.1.2, however when I switch from one Wi-Fi to another my LAN network pages takes around 5 mins to be accessible and load but WAN works fine without any hiccups, I find it weird that only LAN accessibly is affected, and I don't know what I'm missing here. I've been searching for a fix for 6 months but sadly I got nowhere.
main router: TP-LINK Archer VR600 v3
2nd router: TP-LINK TD-W9970 v5 funny diagram for better understanding:
Things I've checked:
- 2nd AP has DHCP disabled
- made sure both have the same DNS
- main router's IP 192.168.1.1 and my AP's 192.168.1.2 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0
- I've both my routers with the same password, SSID, AES encryption
- made sure channels aren't overlapping, one is on channel 1 and the other on channel 11
- Tried different IP range pools between both routers (ex: 1st router starts at .100 ends at .199 and the 2nd router starts at .200 and ends at .254
- I've RPI3 and NAS connected directly to the main router although they work fine, problem occurs after the switch I suppose
Thank you for your time reading my post and offering any kind of help I'll be grateful.
2023.04.01 12:54 Taran966 Is it bad I’m getting stressed out by my houseplants?
I love my plants, but recently I’ve been having issues with repotting them, involving damaging my cactus’ spines and having hydrophobic soil, and buying a jade plant with root rot, my Marimo moss ball’s jar is loaded with dirt and algae, and my probably autistic self is getting really stressed out from these small things. I’m going to have to repot my succulents for the third time in the last month. How can I enjoy it more? I wanted it to be relaxing, not stressful.
submitted by Taran966
to houseplants [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 12:54 iamtrazy Vertical scroll sensitivity fix for Gtk3 applications
My laptop touchpad have a weird problem with gnome where vertical scrolling is too much sensitive. For a long time i've been using https://gitlab.com/warningnonpotablewatelibinput-config
to change the scroll-factor-y=0.25 to fix this problem. But i think it uses some hacky method where using LD_PRELOAD variable to do some trick. The problem with this is with some sandboxing issues where if i use a flatpak version of a terminal it will throw "ERROR: ld.so: object '/uslocal/lib/libinput-config.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file)" when started. I thought the issue with sensitivity in gnome is due to a bug in gtk3 as discussed in https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/1308
this issue. I also thought this is the case because i didn't have this scrolling issue on gnome settings window (which i think now uses gtk4). But firefox and chromium definitely had the scrolling problem and I think they both written in gtk3 . but today i tried KDE after a long time and I found that there settings panel have a option to change the vertical scrolling distance and changing that fixes the problem system wide including firefox and chromium. So is there any possibility that gnome could also implemet such feature to change scroll sensitivity from there settings panel to fix the wired issue with gtk3 apps.
submitted by iamtrazy
to gnome [link] [comments]